Google now offers two step verification for all Gmail accounts, which makes it impossible for anyone to login into your Gmail account, even if he has your password. 2-step verification makes use of both, your password and a random code that is sent to your phone to login into your Gmail account. With a combination of these two, your Gmail account will be almost impossible to breach into.
And in this How to Guide we’ll show you how to setup 2-step verification for your Google Accounts (Gmail, Blogger, Google+ etc).
Protecting Your Google Accounts from Being Hacked :
- Step 1: First, Go to Gmail.com and Log into your Gmail account .
- Step 2: Click on your profile pic to the top right and click on Account. or just click on this link https://myaccount.google.com/ )
- Step 3: Click on 2-Step Verification under Signing in.
- Step 5: Google will ask for your password again to authenticate, Sign in to your gmail account to verify yourself.
- Step 6: From the drop down options, Select your country and then enter your phone number.
- Step 8: Click on Send Code and you will recieve a 6-digit code on your phone.
- Step 9: Enter this 6 digit verification code in the box and click on Verify button.
- Step 10: Finally Confirm the two step verification.
That’s it, two Step Authentication is now enabled for your Google accounts including Gmail, Blogger, Google+, Adwords, Adsense etc. From now on, whenever you login to your Gmail account or any google account you will need to verify yourself with the code sent to your cell phone.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Enter your Email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notification related to latest Tech updates and New posts directly in your inbox via email.