With Google, searching for information is not just limited with text queries. With Google’s latest developments now you can even search the internet using pictures and even voice commands. While Google’s image search tool has been there for a while, lets put it into an interesting use.
Today we are going to make use of Google’s image search tool to identify a person using his photograph. The idea here is to search for any person using his photograph and try to find out some information about him. This is just an example of one of the many things we can do with Google’s image search tool. According to your needs there are many other ways you can put Google’s image search into use. Such as the examples below:
- Identify a random person or celebrity on the internet.
- Find out high resolution photographs of a person.
- Determine whether a profile picture is fake or not.
- Find out if somebody else is using your photographs without your permission and a lot more.
one of the reasons why i thought of making this guide is, currently there has been a steady rise of fake accounts on numerous social networking sites. Most of the times these fake account are made using a girls identity and the main intention behind creating these fake accounts are to dupe unsuspecting users. There has been many such cases so far and with this guide i will help you out to identify a person using his photograph and determining whether the person is a fake or not. Further you can even follow this guide to find identify and find out more about a person using just his photograph. For example you can use the instructions below to identify and find out more about a person whom you found on the internet.
Note: Make sure you have saved the person’s photograph on your computer. You can either save the photograph or even take an screenshot if necessary. Here’s how you can use Google’s image search to identify a person using an photograph.
How To Identify a Person Using a Photograph
- Step 1: Head over to Google’s image search: https://www.google.com/imghp
- Step 2: Click on the camera icon with the search box and on the popup that opens up, click on Upload an image.
- Step 3: Click on Choose file and select the photograph that you had saved.
- Step 4: Within seconds Google will search for similar images on the internet and will provide you with an list of images that matched with the provided image and even the person’s name.
Although the results highly depend on the person’s popularity, but if the person has uploaded a lot his pictures online, you will definitely be able to identify him.
In case you find a lot of similar picture in the search results, then definitely the social networking account associated with that photograph is a fake and probably you should not accept his / her friend invite.