If you want to root your Samsung ON7 than you are at right place. In this post, i will show you how you can install TWRP on ON7 G900FY running on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. We have also added a video tutorial, so you can follow each step exactly as i stated.
So it’s really easy and quick method but before i start, i would like to warn you guys that rooting and modding Android device voids your warranty and if you skip any step or anything goes wrong, you will end up with a bricked android device. So follow this guide correctly and exactly as shown but “At Your Own Risk”.
With that said, If you are new here please consider subscribing to our blog or channel as we upload video tutorials, Gadget reviews, and write on everything related to How to tech Guides. So please subscribe, It’s free.
Installing TWRP on Samsung Galaxy ON7 (SM-G900FY)
- So to start with, first of all, go to settings, scroll down to the bottom and tap on About Device.
- Then tap on Software Info and Tap multiple times on build number to Turn on Developer options.
- Now go back to main settings and look for Developer options and under Developer options, Turn on OEM Unlock. Also Turn on USB Debugging.
- Now Open up command prompt and type ADB Devices. Now, if your system doesn’t have usb drivers installed, please read post on How to install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on any PC.
- Next Type adb reboot bootloader to get your Samsung device into download or ODIN Mode. You can also get into ODIN Mode by turning off your ON7 and the press Power+Volume Down +Home button at the same time.
- Now go tio your PC and run ODIN. You can download all the tools and TWRP file for ON7 using the links given in the description. Now If your device is connected to ODIN you will see green bar on COM port.
- Next, Click on AP and choose TWRP tar file. Don’t touch anything else. Then on the sidebar, Click on Options Tab and uncheck only Reboot option.
- Next, just Click on Start and it will install TWRP Recovery on your ON7 S600FY device.
Now to check TWRP is installed, boot your device into recovery mode by first turning Off by pressing Volume Down+Power. Reboot by pressing Volume Up+Power+Home button.
How to Root Samsung ON 7 SM-G900FY (Android 6.0.1)
Now To root ON7 running on Android 6.0.1 just reboot your device and then copy the Superuser zip file into the internal Memory or use a Memory card.
- Then reboot on7 into recovery mode. Use CMD and type adb reboot recovery. You can also use Button combination to reboot into recovery.
- Now Tap on Install, Scroll down, browse and select Superuser.zip file. Now simply swipe right. The superuser.zip file will be flashed and installed.
- After successful flashing, reboot your Android device and you will see a new app called Superuser with Icon #.
This means your device is successfully rooted. Open the app to check or go to play store and install Root checker app, run it and it will show if your ON7 is rooted or not.
So now that you have successfully rooted your device, you are a power user now. Install root apps and apps like xposed installer to modify your device and unlock unlimited possibilities of customizing your Android. Now this was all in this post on How you can Root you Samsung ON 7 SM-S600FY running on Android 6.0.1 and install TWRP Recovery. Please Subscribe if you loved this video and post, comment like and share this this post if you liked it. it’s been Good will be back with Another tutorial soon.