In our previous tutorials we covered how you can extract audio from any video using the VLC Media player. Following that, we are now going to frequently write about other VLC Media player tricks. Today we will show you how you can record your Mac or Windows PC screen using your favorite media player, VLC Player. This is a simple trick that you may use to create beautiful screencasts and video tutorials and may publish them on YouTube, share with your friends or do whatever you want to do.
Please Note: The Latest version of VLC media player crashes when you try capture screen of your desktop. So it’s recommended you install a older version if you want to use the screen capture feature of VLC media player.
Record or Capture PC Screen using VLC Media Player
To start, first you need VLC Media Player installed on your PC or Mac Book. Download VLC Player
- Now go to media, hit Open capture device. A Box will appear, from Capture Mode option, select Desktop.
- You can also select desired frames to capture per seconds. It’s recommended to keep it in between 10-24. I’ll enter 15 frames per sec. Now hit Covert.
- Now choose the destination file Name. eg. Video01
- After specifying your options, click the Save button and finally hit the Start button.
- VLC will inform you that it’s “streaming” your desktop to a file. You can Use your computer normally and VLC will record all the activities going on your desktop. When you’re done, click the Stop button.
Now Open your saved file to view the video of your desktop screen recording. The quality of the video recorded via VLC is really good while the size of the file is very less. You can also watch the video tutorial we created for noobs, enjoy.
Be sure to share this article on how you may record Mac, Linux or Windows Computer Screen using VLC Player or use VLC media player as a screen recorder for Mac or Windows. Please share Techposts and subscribe us for more such how to guides. Also Like or follow us on Facebook and Twitter for instant Tech Updates.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Enter your Email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notification related to latest Tech updates and New posts directly in your inbox via email.