Yesterday, Google just rolled out its highly-anticipated Android 5.1 Lollipop update build LMY47D for Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi) and Nexus 10. This update brings few important changes which are as follow :
- Native dual SIM support,
- Cross-platform HD voice calling.
- A new Device Protection feature that ties up the device to the owner’s Google account and thereby prevents unauthorised access to the device even after a deliberate factory reset.
- Better quick settings control for easier Bluetooth and Wi-Fi network switching.
For those who can’t wait for official Android 5.1 Lollipop update for Nexus 4 can follow this simple How to Guide to flash the unofficial Android 5.1 Lollipop update which is compiled for mako by a XDA member/Developer eagleeyetom.
Please Note : It’s not properly tested and uses 5.0.1 blobs, so bugs and instabilities may occur. Use at your own risk on your Nexus 4 Device.
Users are advised to perform a full data wipe, especially if they are installing the Android 5.1 stock update on a custom ROM.
Note: All Nexus devices running Android 5.0 Lollipop (stock and custom ROM) can be upgraded to the latest build of Lollipop (LMY47D) via the official factory image.
Before you proceed,
Recommended for you :
- How to install Custom ROMs using CWM Recovery
- How to Install CWRP and TWRP recovery
- HOW TO SETUP ADB AND FASTBOOT DRIVER WITH ANDROID SDK
- How to Unlock Bootloader
Steps to follow :
- Download the ROM
- Reboot to CWM/TWRP (See How to Install CWRP and TWRP recovery or How to Unlock Bootloader)
- Install the update.
- Full wipe.
- Flash Gapps and SuperSU (optional)
Before You Go…
Just wanted to let you know thatWe’ve launched YouTube Channel where we upload awesome video content. Make sure you hit the subscribe button to stay up to date with the new videos we upload every week. Use the comments below for questions and concerns, and make sure to follow us on Facebook, Google+, andTwitter for more quick Android tips. Enjoy..!!!