Table of Contents
There are some ways with which one can boost his/her brainpower. For example, eating right food, Brain exercises, meditation etc. So If you’re trying to jump-start your brain to do better on tomorrow’s test, or if you simply want to do your best to avoid diseases that attack your brain, these apps are surely going to help you boost your brainpower just like Professor Charles from X-Men! :p. These apps that i am going to list will help you focus at work or do better at schools/colleges and make you sharp.
10 Mobile Apps to Boost Your BrainPower
Minecraft is a sandbox game that revolves around using building blocks to create anything you want. Even teachers at school are learning to use Minecraft at schools. Explore randomly generated worlds and build amazing things from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles. Play in creative mode with unlimited resources or mine deep into the world in survival mode, crafting weapons and armor to fend off the dangerous mobs. This will not only help you to be more creative but also help boosting your brainpower.
MindMeister is the market-leader in online mind mapping. Unlike traditional mind mapping tools, MindMeister allows for real-time brainstorming sessions between an unlimited number of users and requires only a standard web browser.
MindMeister’s intuitive editor is perfect for taking notes, brainstorming ideas, planning projects and outlining all sorts of texts. Users can choose between the classical mind map layout and org chart mode, and can export their mind maps into various formatslike MS Word, PowerPoint, PDF, PNG etc. With its built-in presentation mode, users can also turn their mind maps into slideshows within seconds, and present them on the big screen or broadcast them to their collaborators.
Mind Meister is available for both Android and iOS devices like iPhones and iPads.
Lumosity.com grounds all of its brain exercises in extensive research; Scientific Advisory Board includes researchers from institutions such as UCSF and Stanford. Using constantly adapting challenges, Lumosity exercises strategically target brain areas such as memory, attention and processing speed. Exercises are grouped by your training goals and (if any) medical conditions (ADHD, mTBI, Cancer Recovery, PTSD).
Lumosity is developed by Lumos Labs, a cognitive neuroscience research and development company.
XMind is a brainstorming and mind mapping application. It provides a rich set of different visualization styles, and allows sharing of created mind maps via their website.
The application is available as an Open Source version and as a paid commercial ‘Pro’ version. XMind Pro offers extended features like Gantt charts, a presentation mode, export features (PDF, Office, MindManager and Freemind), audio notes, a merge feature, privately online sharing, and more.
The Open Source version is otherwise a very functional and powerful ‘Mind Managing’ software.
Every package now contains 7 language packs, English English, German German, French French, Spanish Spanish, Japanese Japanese, Chinese(Simplified) Chinese(Simplified), and Chinese(Traditional) Chinese(Traditional). XMind will choose language automatically to fit your OS’s settings.
OmniGraffle can help you make eye-popping graphic documents—quickly—by providing powerful styling tools, keeping lines connected to shapes even when they’re moved, and magically organizing diagrams with just one click. Create flow charts, diagrams, UI and UX interactions, and more. Whether you need a quick sketch or an epic technical figure, OmniGraffle and OmniGraffle Pro keep it gorgeously understandable.
Twine publishes directly to HTML, so you can post your work nearly anywhere. Anything you create with it is completely free to use any way you like, including for commercial purposes.
Robocode is a programming game where the goal is to code a robot battle tank to compete against other robots in a battle arena. So the name Robocode is a short for “Robot code”. The player is the programmer of the robot, who will have no direct influence on the game. Instead, the player must write the AI of the robot telling it how to behave and react on events occurring in the battle arena. Battles are running in real-time and on-screen. Besides being a programming game, Robocode is used for learning how to program, primarily in the Java language, but other languages like C# and Scala are becoming popular as well.
Schools and universities are using Robocode as part of teaching how to program, but also for studying artificial intelligence (AI). The concept of Robocode is easy to understand, and a fun way to learn how to program.
Docear is a unique solution to academic literature management, which helps you organizing, creating, and discovering academic literature. The 3 most distinct features are:
1. A single-section user-interface that allows the most comprehensive organization of your literature. With Docear, you can sort documents into categories; you can sort annotations (comments, bookmarks, and highlighted text from PDFs) into categories; you can sort annotations within PDFs; and you can view multiple annotations of multiple documents, in multiple categories – at once.
2. A ‘literature suite concept‘ that combines several tools in a single application (pdf management, reference management, mind mapping, …). This allows you to draft your own papers, assignments, thesis, etc. directly in Docear and copy annotations and references from your collection directly into your draft.
3. A recommender system that helps you to discover new literature: Docear recommends papers which are free, in full-text, instantly to download, and tailored to your information needs.
Last, but not least, Docear is free, open source, available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, and not evil. In addition, it can be used stand-alone or together with reference managers such as Zotero or Mendeley
With MindMup, Capture ideas at the speed of thought – using a mind map maker designed to help you focus on your ideas and remove all the distractions while mindmapping. Create unlimited mind maps for free, and store them in the cloud. Your mind maps are available everywhere, instantly, from any device.
Brainstorm, create presentations and document outlines with mind maps, and publish your ideas online and to social networks.
Brain Training Games do not increase your IQ, but they can help you stay sharp and improve your speed at various tasks through practice.
Brain Training app Includes Mini- Games that help build your attention and much more.
- Stroop Test: A deceptively simple and challenging where attentiveness is required to avoid confusion between text and colors.
- Bigger or Smaller: Your numerical mental agility is tested in a fun and exciting way. Find which math equation is bigger or smaller. Choose from multiple levels that include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Odd One Out: Fun visual perception tests. Choose the image that is different than the rest.
- Right or Wrong: Mathematical Problem solving test. Tell whether the mathematical equation is correct.
- Spell Test: Test your vocabulary and memory. Spell each word correctly.
- Split Brain Scramble: The most fun and challenging game yet. Ever wonder what it would be like to play several games simultaneously? Get ready for the ultimate brain test! Unlock this level by playing all the mini games.
Let us know if you use any of the app listed or if you have any suggestions about any app that can help boost brainpower. You can mention these apps and your suggestions in the comments down below. Please don’t forget to follow TechPosts on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube to keep up with future Howto Guides.