For those of you with a rooted Android smartphone or tablet, you probably want to know that there’s an awesome audio app that’s free and you can install on any rooted Android device. This app is better than anything on the Play Store and it’s free
If you thought rooting an Android device was unnecessary, Viper4Android is one app that’s going to make you want to root your Android device.
Many custom ROMs do come with Viper4Aandroid MOD but if it does not or you are on stock ROM, you can install Viper4Android manually and it’s very easy.
Viper4Android FX is like the “advanced” version of DSP Manager/Beats Audio by providing you with more advanced Surround/Bass/Clarity/Gain boost controls in addition to an equalizer that you can use for your headphones, speakers, bluetooth devices, and more.
So, if you don’t have Viper4Android MOD on your Android device, here’s how to install it.
FX Key Features
NEW Speaker Optimization
First effect for speakers. Try it yourself.
** Android 4.4 Support **
ViPER4Android supports Android 2.3 Ginger bread, 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1 ~ 4.3 Jelly bean and 4.4 KitKat firmwares.
** Channel Pan **
Controls left/right channel output. Its not very useful unless your headphone is imbalance or faulty one side. It will be a cure for you.
** Differential Surround / Haas Effect **
This is an old feature which ViPER520 had removed from FX in early days.
But after many users requesting it, ViPER520 bring it back to FX
More info on Haas Effect: http://www.mixcoach.com/creating-dep…haas-effect-2/
** ViPER Fidelity Control **
** ViPER Bass **
With different bass modes, you can have greater bass experience than before!
** ViPER Clarity **
With the latest Clarity mode selection, you can balance up heavy bass with high clarity audio that you can never imagine before!
** Headphone Surround+ (VHS+) **
With this VHS+, V4A made its way to achieve great surround technologies for Android.
** Auditory System Protection (Cure Tech+) **
With normal audio system, listening for more than three hours will feel fatigue, dizzy, tinnitus, irritated and other symptoms.
This is a normal reaction, heavy bass and high volume could cause permanent damage to the human auditory system, but other phenomena can restore through resting.
Viper as a listening experience professional will not ignore this problem. Therefore put a lot of effort to study how to make a “Healing” sound technology, just a small success. But thinking on how to let users experience it.
** Convolver **
When an Impulse Response Sample(IRS) is loaded, V4A will process the sound to show the same characteristics of the loaded sample. Through Convolution, samples with effects such as equalizer, surround, reverberation, tube etc can be loaded.
Download and extract IRS files to <storage>/ViPER4Android/Kernel/<paste files here>
** FX Compatible Mode (Only in 4.x) **
Compatible Mode supports large variety of music players and the players’ own EQ/sound effects (system-provided/third party)
Therefore, you don’t have to select V4A in Sound Settings > Music Effects, choose anything other than V4A. Just run V4A app and the effects will be working with anything else.
1. In option, switch to Compatible Mode. Reboot, done.
2. In Sound Settings > Music Effects, choose other than V4A.
3. Run V4A app and configure the settings then the effects will work together with the one you chose in Sound Settings.
How TO Install and Use Viper4Android FX and XHiFi Respectively :
Download The Viper4Android App. (Download Links are Given at the End of This Post.
- Next download ES File Explorer app which will allow you to unzip the downloaded file.
- Use ES File Explorer to unzip the Viper4Android zip file you downloaded.
- Once unzipped, you will find two different APK files. If you are using Android 2.3.X Gingerbread, use the APK file with “2.3″ in it. If you are using Android 4.X such as ICS or Jelly Bean, use APK file with “4.x” in it.Select the APK file and install.
- You may have to check “Unknown Sources” on.
- Step 5. Run the Viper4Android app and you should get a Superuser request window.
- Viper4Android app will ask you to install V4A driver, choose “Yes” to install.
- There’s three different choices for Viper4Android. If you want to have the best audio quality, choose “Super Audio Quality”.
- This next step may be optional for Samsung phones, I found that you have to do it so it works with music player apps such as Google Music Player app.Download and install Build Prop Editor from Play Store.
- Use Build Prop Editor to change the following lines: (If you don’t see these lines, you can skip this step.)
Ipa.decode=true to lpa.decode=false
tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false
- Reboot your phone and now you should be able to fully use Viper4Android.
- Once rebooted, go to Settings->Sound on your phone and change “Music effects” to “Viper4Android FX”. This will fully allow your phone to use Viper4Android app for all audio apps.
Viper4Android app does not work with default Samsung Music Player for those of you with Samsung Galaxy Android devices. BUT, you can use other music players like Google Music Player.
FX version v188.8.131.52 (Android 2.3~4.4)
XHiFi version Final v184.108.40.206-1 (Android 2.3~4.3)