On our Android phone or tablet, we store all sorts of data such as contacts, text messages, chats, photos, videos, apps, and so on. To protect this important data, it is recommended to back up Android phone data in case the device goes haywire. Once the backup is done, you can restore it whenever you want, and you don’t need to worry about losing files from your Android phone or tablet anymore.
Therefore, in this post, we are going to share 3 ideal solutions on how to back up and restore Android phones or tablets data in Windows.
Solution 1: Back Up and Restore Android Phones or Tablets with Google Account
Android Phones and tablets have a built-in feature that you can use to back up your files including your calendar, Chrome, Contacts, Gmail, and more to your own Google account directly. You can then restore them to any Android device anytime and from anywhere.
Because of the convenience, it is popular with many Android users. By the way, when you run out of 15 free storage space of Google cloud, you can expand the space by upgrading the storage plan on Google account.
Steps to Back up and Restore Android Phones or Tablets with Google account:
- Unlock your Android phone or tablet and enter the Settings app. Then find the “Backup & Reset” option.
- Switch on the “Back up my data” icon. Then click on the “Backup account” and then “Add account” button
- You need to input your Google account on it. Your data and the settings will be backed up from the Android device to your Google account.
- Turn on the “Automatic Restore” icon, and it will restore your data and settings quickly.
Solution 2: Back Up and Restore Android Phones or Tablets with Samsung Smart Switch
Samsung Smart Switch is another effective program which can back up and restore your Samsung Android phones or tablets with ease. Please note that this supports Samsung phones or tablets on Android 4.3 or later versions only.
With the simple steps, you can finish your data backup and restore the files between Samsung phones/tablets and the computer.
Steps to Back up and Restore Samsung Android Phone or Tablet by using Samsung Smart Switch
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch on the computer. Then run the program directly.
- Connect your Android phone/tablet to the computer with a USB cable, and the program will detect your device quickly.
- You are required to tap on the “Allow” on your Samsung device to allow the access permission on the phone/tablet.
- Then click on the “Backup” tab. The program will start backing up the files
To restore the data, connect Samsung Android phone and click on the “Restore” button. If backup is saved at default location, it wll list them.
Otherwise, you can browse and select the Samsung device backup file manually by clicking on the “Select your backup data” icon. You will see different types of data you backed up before. Select what data you want to restore and click on the “OK” and the “Restore now” buttons. It will begin the restoration process.
Solution 3: Back Up and Restore Android Phones or Tablets with MobiKin Backup and Restore (Fastest)
The last solution to back up and restore Android phones or tablets is using Android backup and restore software from MobiKin, which can back up and restore all the files with 1 click, so it can complete the task in a very short time, even if there are too many files on your Android device.
What’s more, it works with contacts, messages, call logs, photos, videos, music, apps, and documents. And it supports Wi-Fi and the USB cable connection between the Android phone/tablet and the computer.
Most importantly, it is compatible with most Android phones and tablets which are Android 2.1 and upper, such as Samsung Galaxy S20/S10/S9/S8, ZTE Axon 10 Pro/Axon 9 Pro/Blade 10, Huawei Mate Xs/Mate 30 Pro/Mate 30/Mate 20, Motorola, Xiaomi, Sony, HTC, Google, OnePlus, OPPO, Vivo, etc.
Steps to Back up and Restore Android Data with MobiKin Software
- After installing the software on the PC, please open it and connect your Android phone/tablet to the PC with a USB cable, and make your device recognized as prompted.
- To back up files on Android or tablet, please select the file types you want to back up and choose one location to store your files if needed, then click on the “Back Up” button to start to back up your files without any hassle.
- To restore backup file to your Android phone, please tap on the “Restore” option, and then select the target backup file and the file categories you want to restore. Finally, tap on the “Restore” button to restore the selected files to the Android phone/tablet immediately.
So, that’s how to back up and restore Android phones or tablets. The 3 excellent solutions mentioned above are all worth trying since they have their own highlights. Choose one based on your requirements.
An Avid learner, a Tech Enthusiast and the founder of TechPosts Guides, Ravi is a Raspberry Pi fan and an open-source lover. He spends most of his weekends working with IoT devices and playing games on the Xbox. He is also a solo-traveler who loves hiking and exploring new trails.
Follow him on .Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.