I am absolutely astounded that it took this long for someone to figure out that this nav bar tuner works in Android Nougat without root. In this post, you will learn how to Customize and add buttons to Nav Bar in any Android Nougat device without Root. No ROOT is required. So let’s go ahead, & do it.
Proceed this tutorial at your own risk.
- So first we gonna go to Play Store and install an app called Custom Navigation Bar.
- Next, just open it and press next button. If you have a rooted device, you can simply grant root access but if your device is not rooted and you don’t want to root your android then just connect your Android to your PC via USB Cable.
- Make sure your PC has ADB drivers installed. If not, first install them, How to install ADB.
- Now all we need to do is, type or paste this command, execute at your own risk. You can copy this command from description. NOw go back to your device and now when you press next button, it let’s you proceed to next screen.
adb shell pm grant xyz.paphonb.systemuituner android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
- Now it will ask you to do a compatibility test, do it as it lets you know if your android device nav bar can be customized or not.
- If compatible you will see a arrow in nav bar, just tap on it, then tap on finish.
Now you can go ahead and add buttons or align Nav bar to left right or tab mode etc. You have the ability to even add customized icons in nav bar. It’s super easy, you can create profiles and use Tasker and SecureTask to use different navigation button appearing only when you open a particular app.
Watch Video Tutorial:
This works on most Android devices with Android OS close to stock Android.Let me know if it worked on your device or not and help others by commenting down below. Make sure to Subscribe to our YouTube channel. I will be back with another HowTo Guide soon.