I just updated my Samsung Galaxy S8 from Android Oreo to official Android Pie 9.how to Update Samsung S8 Plus With One UI on Android Pie 9.00 OTA update with Samsung’s One UI. Excited to install the Android Pie official release on your Samsung S8 phone?
Follow this guide. You can also watch the video guide at the end of this post.
STEP 1: BACKUP
Start by backing up your important files from the internal storage. The step is most important. While the update process is seamless, in a rare case scenario, something can go wrong and you may end up losing entire data stored on your phone.
If you want to update and stay safe, backup. This backup will also help you restore a file when you accidentally delete a file or lose your phone later in time.
STEP 2: Download the Samsung S8 Android Pie 9.0 Update.zip
Here’s the link to the update folder named update.zip
The folder contains the official Android 9.0 Pie OTA update for Samsung S8 smartphones. Then copy the update.zip folder to the Root of your SD card.
If you don’t have an SD card, borrow one from someone or buy one.
STEP 3: Install Update.zip to Update Samsung S8 to Android Pie 9.0 (One UI)
- Turn off your S8 device
- Press and hold Power+Volume Up+Bixby button simultaneously until you see the following screen
- After a few seconds following screen will appear on your Galaxy S8 phone
- Use volume up down to move the selection to Apply update from SD card
- Use Volume keys to move the selection to Update.zip
- Press the Power button and let it flash.
- The Android Pie 9.0 OTA update will be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S8 phone.
- Once your Samsung S8 Android Pie One UI update finishes install, reboot the phone
- During turn on, the device may reboot a few time and that’s totally fine.
- The Samsung logo will keep flashing like the following screenshot for a while.
Watch this video till then. It’s about how to build a Home automation device under $10. Interesting video to watch till update installs.
After that, you will be able to use and experience the all-new Samsung One UI powered Android Pie 9.0 on your very own Samsung Galaxy S8 phone.
No more waiting till March. Mind you, this is an official update. So don’t worry about warranty and other security stuff. It’s all intact.
Video Guide on How to Install Samsung Android Pie 9.0 OTA Manually
Now that I have helped you update your s8 device before the due date and experience One UI in the most stable version, why not return the favor by subscribing to our newsletter and YouTube. It will help us build content like this and always come up will such early leaks and releases.
Also, follow me on Twitter for instant updates.