WhatsApp is one of the most popular and widely used instant messaging applications of all time. Owned by Facebook, it is available for Android, iOS, and Windows (as a software as well as a Web application). It is used to send text messages, media files such as images and videos, documents, contacts, and other cool stuff.
Even though the features are many, there could arise some confusion related to its features and settings. For example, there could be times when you are unable to view the media files in the gallery that were shared through WhatsApp. This could happen in iOS as well as Android. To fix this issue, there are certain steps that you can follow.
Ways To Fix WhatsApp Images Not Showing In Gallery
Method 1: Install the latest version of WhatsApp
The very first and the easiest thing that could fix the issue of Whatsapp images not showing in the gallery is to check whether you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your device. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Play Store or the App Store.
- Search for WhatsApp through the search option at the top and select the app.
- If you see an option called Update, this means that you do not have the latest version of the app. Click on this button to update it. If you see an option called Open instead of Update, this would mean that you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed.
- Once done, you can open the gallery to check if the issue has been resolved. If not, restart the device.
If you are still unable to view the WhatsApp media files in your gallery, try the following method to resolve it.
Method 2: Enable Media Visibility in WhatsApp
One of the reasons why you cannot view your media files that were shared through WhatsApp in your gallery is because the media visibility is turned off in your WhatsApp settings. To fix this quickly, continue reading and follow the instructions given below.
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Tap on the Kebab menu icon at the top right of the screen. A Kebab menu icon is the three vertical dots icon.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on the Chats option.
- There would be an option called Media Visibility. If this option is toggled on, it will display the WhatsApp media files in your gallery and vice-versa.
- Now, go to the Gallery on your device and look out for the WhatsApp media files. You probably would find them if you have followed these steps rightly.
Method 3: Grant Photos Permissions in iOS Devices
In Apple devices, the photos and the video files shared through WhatsApp do not get saved in the phone’s storage if you do not provide it with access to the Privacy Settings. This may have happened if you have accidentally tapped on the ‘Don’t Allow’ option in the Settings menu. To undo this, follow the below-given instructions.
- In your iOS device, open Settings.
- Scroll down until you see the Privacy section.
- Out of the various options available to you, choose Photos.
- You will further find a list of applications here. Search for WhatsApp and click on it.
- Now under this setting, select the All Photos option.
Following the above steps must have fixed the issue of WhatsApp images and videos not showing in the gallery app.