Google now offers two step verification for all Gmail accounts, which makes it impossible for anyone to login into your Gmail account, even if he has your password. 2-step verification makes use of both, your password and a random code that is sent to your phone to login into your Gmail account. With a combination of these two, your Gmail account will be almost impossible to breach into.
And in this How to Guide we’ll show you how to setup 2-step verification for your Google Accounts (Gmail, Blogger, Google+ etc).
Protecting Your Google Accounts from Being Hacked :
- Step 1: First, Go to Gmail.com and Log into your Gmail account .
- Step 2: Click on your profile pic to the top right and click on Account. or just click on this link https://myaccount.google.com/ )
- Step 3: Click on 2-Step Verification under Signing in.
- Step 5: Google will ask for your password again to authenticate, Sign in to your gmail account to verify yourself.
- Step 6: From the drop down options, Select your country and then enter your phone number.
- Step 8: Click on Send Code and you will recieve a 6-digit code on your phone.
- Step 9: Enter this 6 digit verification code in the box and click on Verify button.
- Step 10: Finally Confirm the two step verification.
That’s it, two Step Authentication is now enabled for your Google accounts including Gmail, Blogger, Google+, Adwords, Adsense etc. From now on, whenever you login to your Gmail account or any google account you will need to verify yourself with the code sent to your cell phone.