Snapchat never fails to keep its audience engaged to the mobile screen. With the help of features like Snapstreaks, filters, lenses, and memories, the users spend multiple hours on the application each day. With the advancement in mobile technology, it has now become very easy to edit videos on the smartphone using applications like Snapchat. Obviously, editing videos also include the slow down of videos on Snapchat.
Not only it is possible to record slow-motion videos directly on the phone, but it is possible to manipulate the speed of the videos using ‘Speed Modifiers’. The following guide will teach you how to slow down videos on Snapchat in 2021.
Slow Down Videos Using Snapchat Feature
If you wish to slow down a video that has already been recorded, follow the steps given below.
- Launch Snapchat.
- Below the Capture icon, you will see a Gallery button. Tap on it.
- You would now see two tabs on the top, namely Snaps and Camera Roll. The names of these tabs are pretty self-explanatory but we’ll still guide you, just in case. Videos that were recorded on your mobile using Snapchat will be visible under Snaps while those that were recorded using the Camera app will be under Camera Roll. Select any one of the tab based on how the video you wish to slow down has been recorded.
- You will now see a list of videos. Select the one you want to perform this operation on.
- Once the video has been opened in full screen, tap on the three vertical dots icon on the top left corner of the screen. Fun Fact: The three vertical dots icon is known as the Kebab Menu icon.
- Out of the bunch of options that are presented to you at this moment, opt for ‘Edit Snap’. This will provide you with various video editing options such as applying filters or placing stickers on the video.
- Keep swiping right on the screen until you see a Snail icon at the center of the screen. This snail icon represents the slow-motion effect. By now, you would be able to view the video running on slo-mo. This is pretty much it. If you wish to edit your video further, follow along.
- Other editing features will be available here like crop, trim, and adding text. Using them or not is completely up to you. Click on the Send button to share this video with your friends or Export to share it outside Snapchat.
Slo-mo Via Slow Motion Video FX
Using Snapchat to slow down your videos is a great option if you are looking for an easy and simple way to do that. Unfortunately, there isn’t enough control on how slow you can make your videos. With various video editing applications like Slow Motion Video FX, you can have additional options with regards to the slow-motion feature. Slow Motion Video FX is available on the Play Store to download and use. With the help of it, you can slow down a particular part of your videos that you like. You can choose to slow down a part of the video or the complete file.
To learn more about using Slow Motion Video FX to slow down your videos, please follow the below instructions.
- Open Google Play Store and install Slow Motion Video FX.
- Launch the app.
- Tap on the Start Slow Motion button.
- Click on Choose Movie option.
- The gallery page will open on the screen. Find and select the video clip you wish to slow down.
- You will now have to choose an editing method from the prompt. Tap on Simple.
- The screen you will be taken to after following the above steps will have an option to select the video speed. You can either increase or decrease the speed using the speed adjustment slider. The lower and the upper limit of the slider are 0.25 and 4.0 respectively. Values less than 1.0 will slow down the video speed and vice-versa. Set the value of the slider as per your preference.
- Once you are satisfied with the speed of your video, you can save the video by tapping on the Save button on the top right corner of the screen.
- You have to set the processing options in the following screen. These options are customizable depending on your needs. If everything is good till now, you can tap on the Start Processing button.
- After the completion of rendering and saving of the video file, you can share this video on Snapchat. To do so, tap on the hamburger icon, tap further on the Share button, and select Snapchat from the list of applications that you see. Voila! This is how easy all of this process was.
If you have followed the instructions obediently, you are all set to go slo-mo. Go ahead and share some amazing slow-motion videos with your friends and see them in awe.