Do you feel tired of constantly charging your iPhone? Do you feel like your battery just doesn’t last as earlier?
It’s a common problem, but the good news is that there are ways to increase and restore your iPhone Battery health.
Apple is one of the most trusted brands and its battery is one crucial component that enables you to stay connected and work on the go. However, over time, the battery can start to deteriorate and you may notice when you have an important call, and your battery starts draining.
To help you we will explore some ways to increase and restore iPhone battery health. From reducing home brightness to calibrating your iPhone battery, we will cover all the necessary methods and steps to keep your iPhone running at its best.
Battery Usage shows you the amount of time left for your battery and whether you need to replace it or not. You must check it once in a while to keep an eye on your iOS battery health. This can also show the battery usage of different apps and the last activity.
- Go to iPhone Settings and click on the Battery button.
- Click on the Battery Health & Charging option.
- In the next screen, you will see the maximum battery capacity and the iPhone battery’s health.
Note: Apple recommends 80% or above to be the optimal condition.
There are a variety of ways to improve your battery health by up to 100%. Here are some of the legit and effective methods you can use to increase your battery life.
One of the key ways is to stay updated with the latest software update. With time the iPhone releases software updates with better security and performance for their users. This keeps your iPhone battery in good condition for a long time.
- If you are iOS 15 or later user, do check your updates. Go to iPhone Settings > General > Software Update.
- If any update is showing, connect your handset with a power source and update wirelessly or connect it into your system and update using the latest iTunes version.
Sometimes these new updates come with integrated battery features such as screen time. This screen time update helps the users to track their phones and the applications they use the most.
To maintain your iPhone Battery health you must optimize your device settings which typically are not in use. Two of the most battery consumption is because of your screen brightness and automatic WiFi.
You can either lower your brightness or turn on Auto brightness mode to increase your iPhone health.
- To lower, Open the Control Centre and scroll the Brightness Slide to the bottom.
- To turn on Auto brightness mode, Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Display. Here you can now turn on Auto-brightness.
On the other hand, you are amazed to know that cellular data consumes more battery than the Wifi. To turn it on go to iPhone Settings -> Wifi Access to the Wifi Network.
The best way to save iPhone Battery life is to disable all background applications and activities. iPhones generally have a Low Power Mode which helps their users to increase the battery percentage for some time.
Whenever your battery comes below 20 percent, you will receive a notification to enable Low Power Mode on your device.
- Scroll down iPhone screen from the top right side and Open the Control Centre.
- Look for the Battery icon and Press it.
Some applications require location access to work properly on the phone. Apart from these, you will find certain apps which do not need location but still have the access to them. You can turn off these irrelevant apps’ location access and save your iPhone health.
- Go to iPhone Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the Privacy & Security button.
- Now, tap on the Location Services option. A list of apps will appear having location access.
- Turn off the location access of apps that don’t need access.
Background Apps Refresh is a kind of feature that consumes the battery by allowing certain apps to run in the background. Disabling this feature will help you to save your iPhone Battery health.
- Go to iPhone Settings and Click on the General option.
- Now Click on the Background App Refresh.
- Now a list of apps will appear on the next screen. Turn off these apps to disable them from running in the background.
- You can also disable it for all applications. Just click on the Settings name given on the top and choose Off.
Every smartphone company advised their users to not leave the phone charging for a longer duration. This may drain the battery power. But if you have an iPhone, it comes with an Optimize Battery Charging feature which learns from the device charging patterns and waits to reach the utmost level.
- Go to iPhone Settings and Click on Battery.
- Click on the Battery Health & Charging button.
- Choose the Optimised Battery Charging option and turn it on.
When it comes to iPhone battery health, there are general performance tips you can do to increase it and restore it to its potential. Here are some general tips you must remember to save your battery life.
Apple has manufactured the iPhone to run without any issues under a wide range of conditions. An ideal temperature range of 16°C to 22°C for the optimal performance of an iPhone’s battery. Exposure to temperatures above 35°C can permanently damage the battery’s capacity, resulting in shorter battery life.
Also, colder temperatures of less than 0°C may reduce the battery life. Hence if you are living in an extremely cold environment, try to keep your device in your pocket as it stabilizes the temperature closer to your body.
Apple suggests that after the full charge cycle of 400 to 500, the battery starts storing less power than the new one. So the less you charge your device, the longer its battery remains. Also, iPhone software limits the charging to over 80% as it may impact the battery capacity. So try to keep it between 30% to 80%.
Apple always recommends its users use their original adapters for charging. Most of the third-party chargers have low-quality output though they can charge your phone, they are not fit for battery health.
Read more on how to How To Backup and Restore Your Android or iPhone with One Click.
Lastly, we can say maintaining the iPhone battery is crucial for its performance and health. Avoiding extreme climatic conditions can help ensure that your device battery lasts as long as possible. Also, remember to always check for software updates as they might have some improvements that could help you with the battery performance. By following these simple steps, you can help keep your iPhone’s battery in good health.