Bixby is the new virtual assistant like Google assistant and it allows you to control your device entirely via voice. The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ have dedicated keys to use Bixby Virtual Assistant. It’s a new yet powerful virtual assistant but how to install it on other Android devices just like Google assistant? Well, you are at the right place and in this guide, i will show you how you can install it on your Android devices, only Samsung android devices running on Android Nougat.
Thanks to XDA Developer tkerhbk who ported the Bixby APK that can be installed on any Samsung Android device running on Android Nougat 7.0. The installation is simple and straightforward, root is not required. But first, you need to install the Samsung S8’s Touchwiz Launcher on your Samsung device. So let’s go ahead and do it now,
1. Download Bixby APK and S8’s Touchwiz Launcher
- First, download and install S8’s Launcher.
- Then, go ahead, download and install Bixiby APK.
- To install, enable Unknown Sources from the system system settings.
2. Using Bixby on Any Samsung Device
- To use Bixby, install S8 launcher and Bixby APK on your Samsung Android running on Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Next, Reboot your Samsung Android device.
- Then, just tap and hold on the Home Screen untill the window minimizes and you see “Home Screen Settings Icon”, tap on it.
- Now, You will see a dedicated option for Bixby, just open it up and choose which apps you want on Lock screen and Select cards to be displayed when you swipe left from Home Screen, just like Google Now.
- Other than that, you can enable or disbale Samsung Interactive and Customized services for Hello Bixby.
Watch this Video tutorial:
This is in early stage, i tried using voice commands but it didn’t works like it works on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. Anyways, still looks promising to me and card interface is fluid and smooth. So just go ahead install and try it out on your Samsung device and share your thoughts in the comments down below. Please Subscribe if you loved this tutorial post, comment like and share this this post if you liked it. Will be back with Another tutorial soon.