So, you decided to leave the Android ecosystem and get along with the iPhone club. We respect your decision but what about the data. Have you thought about how to transfer photos from Android to iPhone?
Well, that’s exactly what we are going to discuss in this post. A simple and straightforward method to transfer Android photos and other data to your brand-new iPhone.
Methods to Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone
Android and iPhone are two distinct platforms and thus, the process of transferring pictures from Android to iPhone isn’t easy.
Method 1: Use Android File Transfer and iTunes
If you have a MAC, you can use Android File Transfer and iTunes to transfer photos, videos, music and other data from Android to iPhone. The steps are as follow,
- Download and install the Android File Transfer app and launch it
- Connect your Android phone to Mac using a USB cable
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device that contains photos and copy them
In Android photos and videos are saved in the DCIM folder. So, go to DCIM folder of your Android’s internal storage and copy your photos on Mac desktop
- This process will take a while to finish. Once done, disconnect your Android
On Windows PC,
- Connect your Android phone and then open File Explorer.
- Navigate to Internal Storage>DCIM folder and copy all photos and videos that you want to transfer to iPhone
- If your Android has SD Card, copy photos from SD card also and copy them in the one folder on your Windows PC desktop
NOTE: This will take time to finish, based on the number of photos you want to transfer. While transferring photos from Android to PC, do not use your device. Also, do not cut/paste, otherwise, you may lose your photos
Sync Photos from Mac/Windows Desktop to iPhone using iTunes
NOTE: If you are using Windows, download and install iTunes for Windows. Mac users don’t need to install iTunes.
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone using a lightning cable
- Your iPhone will be recognized. Click on the phone icon to see more options
- In the sidebar, click on Photos
- Select the folder that copied on Desktop that contains photos and select ‘All Photos and albums’ option
- You may also select ‘Include videos.’ Click ‘Apply’
This will copy and transfer all photos and videos from the selected folder on Mac desktop to your brand-new iPhone.
Method 2: Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone with One Click
If you want to avoid all the hassle, multiple steps, and make this entire process of transferring photos from Android to iPhone quick and easy, use Dr Fone- Phone Transfer software from Wondershare®.
With the help Dr Fone- Phone Transfer, you can transfer photos from Android to iPhone in just a few clicks. This is the easiest and safest way to transfer photos from Android to iPhone without any risk of data loss or corruption.
By using this software, you can also transfer other data such as contacts, messages, videos, music, social media messages (WhatsApp), etc. from Android to iPhone.
About Dr Fone- Phone Transfer
Dr Fone is a reliable phone transfer and phone manager app that supports more than 8000 smartphones and tablets from brands such as Apple, Xiaomi, Samsung, One Plus, Vivo, OPPO, HUAWEI, Google, LG, Motorola, and more.
Following are some prominent features of Dr Fone and why you should use it to transfer data from your Android to the iPhone.
- Transfers data from Android to Android, Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, and iPhone to iPhone
- Supports all Android devices from brands like HTC, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, Xiaomi, and more
- Supports devices running on any Android version
- Supports iPhone running on iOS 13/12/11/10/9/8/7/6/5.
- Facilitates phone backup and restore options
- Available for both Windows 10 or Mac 10.15.
The software is free to download and evaluation. However, to transfer photos and data from Android to iPhone, you must activate it by using a valid activation key.
Method 3: Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone by using WiFi File Transfer App
If you don’t have a USB cable or a PC or Mac system available, you can use the WiFi File Transfer app on your Android to transfer photos from the Android device to iPhone wirelessly. The steps are as follow,
- Connect your Android and iPhone device to the same (common) WiFi network
- In your Android phone, open Play Store and install WiFi File Transfer app
- Launch the app tap on Start. This will start a file transfer server on your Android and display am IP address
- Now on your iPhone, open Safari browser and enter the IP address shown in the WiFi Transfer app in the address bar and tap ‘Go’
- This will open the File Browser. Go to DCIM>Camera and choose photos that you want to transfer to your iPhone
- Then tap on Download. This will download the photos from your Android to iPhone
- Repeat the steps until you download all photos from your Android to your new iPhone
NOTE: You may need the Pro Version of WiFi File transfer to download multiple photos.
Manual methods do the job quite well but takes a lot of time. They also involve several steps which might not be easy for everyone. Also, not all of us are so patient. Thus, if you want to avoid the hassle of multiple steps and transfer photos from Android to iPhone quickly, use Dr Fone- Phone Transfer software.
It’s easy to use, convenient and you can use it to backup other data as well which is not possible by a manual method such as contacts, messages, social media messages, etc.