Last year when the Kaby-lake processor was released, I immediately bought myself a fresh Dell 7000 Inspiron laptop and immediately wanted to install the macOS Sierra. Why? because I wanted to learn and use Apple’s Video editing software – the FCP X. There are few other applications that are exclusively available for macOS. Also, macOS is fluid, smooth, and blends well with my laptop.
I wasn’t aware of the challenges that were associated with the installation of macOS on a different hardware which is not designed for macOS. Especially when your laptop has a new generation processor. But I had decided, so I took my Windows laptop and started my research and learned how I can get started. Long story short, it took me a month to get it installed on my new generation laptop with the help of Rehabman on Tonymacx86 and other community members. Also, it was a tiring job and I had no access to a machine running macOS. But you don’t worry coz you don’t need to go through all the learning and experimental stuff as today in this guide I will show you how you can install the latest macOS 10.13.5 on your Windows laptop or PC which is powered by an 8th Generation Coffee Lake processor without a Macbook.
Install macOS 10.13.5 High Sierra on 8th Gen Coffee Lake Processor
Before we begin the installation process, please backup all your stuff from the hard drive or SSD where you will be installing the macOS. Unlike Windows that can be installed on a disk partition, we need to format the entire disk in order to install macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 on a Coffee lake processor.
Step 1. Installing macOS High Sierra 10.13
- Download the macOS High Sierra from the App Store or if you don’t have access to Macbook or macOS, you can download the macOS High Sierra DMG from here
- Download and install Transmac app on your Windows PC or laptop
- Connect a USB thumb drive (16GB USB 3.0) and Run Transmac app
- Right-click on the USB drive and choose ‘Format Disk for Mac‘. Press ‘Yes’ when prompted
- Right-click again and this time click Restore with Disk Image
- Click on three dots and browse the downloaded High Sierra DMG file. Press ‘OK’ and wait for the process to finish. It takes time so be patient
- After it’s finished, go to File Explorer and the look for Bootloader Disk
- Open it and delete everything from it
- Download and copy this EFI folder into the Bootloader disk
- Now reboot the system and start pressing F12 key to enter the Boot menu
- From there, select the USB thumb drive and press ‘Enter’
- Now select the ‘High Sierra Installer‘ disk and press ‘Enter‘
- Let it load installation files. It can take a while so relax
- Once loaded, Agree to the terms to proceed with the installation
- At the top, click Utilities and choose ‘Disk Utility’
- In Disk Utility, choose the disk where you want to install macOS High Sierra
- Then enter the Disk name and select Mac OS Journaled from the option. Then Press the ‘Erase’ button
- Close the Utility after formatting. Choose the disk which you just formatted/erased
- Proceed with the installation. Once installed, reboot the system
- Follow instruction no. 10 to boot clover. From clover screen, this time choose the disk where you have installed the macOS instead of selected High Sierra Installer Disk
- Hit Enter to boot macOS High Sierra and then set up your new mac.
Step 2. Updating the macOS High Sierra to the latest macOS 10.13.5
- Once you have successfully installed the macOS High Sierra, connect to internet using the Ethernet connection
- Open App Store, Search & download High Sierra
- Open the Disk Utility, and format the USB disk as Mac OS Journaled
- Download the Unibeast and run it
- Click Continue, Continue, Continue, & Agree
- Then select the USB disk, and click continue
- Select the High Sierra, and click Continue
- Select the UEFI mode and continue.
- Check everything and click continue and then enter the password. Click Install
- Wait for a while and once it’s done, use EFI mounter app to mount the USB EFI partition
- Replace the EFI folder with the one we provided
- Reboot the system and follow the Instructions 10-21 given in Step 1.
- After updating, use Clover Configurator to create EFI partition on macOS disk
- Then mount the EFI partition using EFI mounter app and replace the EFI folder with the one we provided
That’s it, you have now successfully installed the macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 on your Windows Laptop or PC powered by an 8th Gen Coffee Lake processor without using a Mac. Also, after using Clover Configurator, you don’t need to use USB drive to boot macOS. Just move the macOS disk to the top in the Boot priority under BIOS and let the system boot normally.
If you have any issue or problem installing the macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 o your laptop or PC, do let me know via comments below. I will try to solve them ASAP. Also, share this guide and subscribe to our newsletter and Facebook page or Twitter page for instant updates.