Showbox is a quite popular TV and movie streaming and downloading the app, developed for Android OS. This means Showbox APK can be installed on any device running Android OS. However, there are some exceptions and we will be discussing those in this post.
How to Install Showbox APK on Amazon Firestick TV
Installing Showbox on Firestick is quite easy. You need to install the Downloader app from the Amazon App store.
- First, enable ‘Unknown sources’ from the Settings>Device>Developer options
- Press and hold the Mic button and say ‘Downloader App’. Use remote and select the downloaded App result. This will open the app store
- Press OK button to install the Downloader app
- Once installed, open it and then type address https://showbox.run/android.apk and hit enter.
- This starts downloading android.apk (which is a renamed Showbox apk file)
- Go to downloads and open the file. Move selection to Install and press OK
After installation, the Showbox appears in your installed app lists or under the Apps tab.
Alternatively, see 8 Best Kodi Alternatives 2018 for Windows, Android, and iOS
Using Showbox on Firestick with Downloader
Using Showbox in firestick is not as easy as on your smartphones. We tried using the Showbox app on our Amazon Firestick but that didn’t work.
Then what’s the point of writing this post, you may ask. Well, to answer you that Showbox can be installed on all android devices but Android devices such as Amazon firestick runs specially designed apps and games developed and optimized for the device.
Showbox app isn’t optimized for firestick tv and thus, you can’t actually use Showbox on Firestick. But hey! Don’t feel downhearted. If Showbox doesn’t work that doesn’t mean you can’t watch your favorite TV shows and movies, just the way you watch using Showbox, on your Firestick. Here’s how.
Install and Configure Kodi to watch your favorite movies and TV Shows
Kodi app is optimized for firestick tv and anyone can use it to stream movies and tv shows from various repositories and also use various apps that otherwise you can’t use on firestick such as YouTube. Yes, Kodi enables you to watch YouTube videos too. Follow the steps below to install and configure Kodi app
- Open Downloader app and enter this link bitly.com
- Download the Kodi apk and then open it (assuming you have enabled unknown sources)
Configuring KODI app
- After installation, open the Kodi app
- Configure and add various add-ons
You can also enjoy YouTube through Kodi.
When it comes to watching the latest movies and TV shows, Showbox indeed an app that fulfills your cravings for your favorite shows and movies. However, we recommend using a VPN service such as VPNSecure (get the lifetime subscription for just $16) and Nord VPN (for just $34). Streaming content from apps like Showbox is illegal as the app violates copyright and comes under piracy. Check with your local laws before using and streaming content using Showbox or Kodi app.
For more such tutorials, guides and review follow us on YouTube, facebook, twitter and Google+. You may also subscribe to our newsletter and feeds to get updates on new blog posts.