I have been into Hackintosh-ing for last 1.5 years. During the time, I have learned a lot about Hackintosh and I do share my learnings via blog posts frequently. Today, I will be sharing a quick tip on how to fix the Trackpad gestures in macOS Mojave 10.14+ Hackintosh devices.
Fix Mojave trackpad gestures guide covers the below Topics:
- How to download macOS Mojave Trackpad Drivers (kexts)?
- Install macOS Mojave driver kexts?
- Enable trackpad gestures in macOS Mojave
- Enable MacBook like Gestures in macOS Mojave Hackintosh
- Install Synaptics trackpad kexts- Hackintosh
- And finally all other kexts and trackpad drivers for macOS Mojave Hackintosh such as ELAN, ASUS laptop, HP, laptops, etc.
Enable Trackpad Gestures in macOS Mojave 10.14
In my laptop, I was seeing the trackpad controls but only swipe up and down with two fingers gesture were working. Other gestures were displayed in the Trackpad settings but were not working at all. If that’s the case with you, follow the guide and this will surely fix the issue.
Best part, every gesture works just as described. However, you may have to get accompanied with a few gestures with time. After the fix, the gestures are smooth and precise, just see the video.
The steps are simple and straightforward. All you have to do is download the VoddooI2C package (.zip). After downloading the package, follow these steps:
- Use EFI mounter or Clover configurator app to mount the EFI partition
- Extract the VoodooI2C package. The extracted folder contains 7 kext files
- Now depending on your trackpad type i.e find out from ‘Windows Device Manager‘ if the trackpad is Synaptics or Windows precision trackpad.
- If Synaptics trackpad, copy VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext to EFI>Clover>Kexts>Other folder and reboot system.
- If FTE trackpad (mainly in ASUS laptops), copy VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CFTE.kext to EFI>Clover>Kexts>Other folder and reboot system.
- If ELAN trackpad, copy VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CELAN.kext to EFI>Clover>Kexts>Other folder and reboot system.
- If Atmel maXTouch touchscreen/touchpad, copy VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CAtmelMXT.kext to EFI>Clover>Kexts>Other folder and reboot system.
- If Windows Precision trackpad, copy VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID to EFI>Clover>Kexts>Other and reboot
After reboot, Go to Settings and enable all the gestures. If you are not able to see the trackpad controls, follow this guide. Else, try using the gestures and you will be able to use most usable gestures including pinch-zoom and two-finger rotation.
We have also created other how-to guide on common Hackintosh problems and fixes. Following are some for your reference:
- Fix TrackPad Gestures, Brightness and Power Management on MacOS 10.12.6 Hackintosh
- Fix Audio and Microphone on All Hackintosh running macOS X (10.12.6) – KabyLake and SkyLake
- [Solved] Error: could not get license agreement- While Installing High Sierra
- How to Fix Realtek ALC256 Audio in macOS High Sierra
- How to Fix macOS Installer Not Detected by Clover Bootloader
- How to Fix IntelHD 520, 530, 620, 630 and 640 in macOS 10.13/10.14; Quick fix
- Install macOS High Sierra without APFS Conversion on PC
- How to Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on Windows PC/Laptop
- How to install macOS Mojave on External USB Drive or SSD
For more, visit Hackintosh page.
An Avid learner, a Tech Enthusiast and the founder of TechPosts Guides, Ravi is a Raspberry Pi fan and an open-source lover. He spends most of his weekends working with IoT devices and playing games on the Xbox. He is also a solo-traveler who loves hiking and exploring new trails.
Follow him on .Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.