iOS 11 has introduced many great features in the iPhone. One of them is the ability to record the iOS Device screen with Audio in high quality without Jailbreak or any extra tweaks. Until recently, iOS users had to go through a lot in order to screencast their iOS device to showcase any app, feature or gameplay. Airshou is a popular screencast app available for iOS devices but requires some tweaks to work on iOS devices. For some it was ‘OK’ but for many, it was a problem. Also, Airshou was able to record internal audio only.
Finally, Apple did listen and introduced screencast feature in iOS 11 which by default is inactive. If you own an iPhone running iOS 11 or above, follow the steps to activate screencast feature on your device. This requires NO JAILBREAK or tweak. It’s a very simple method.
How to Screencast iPhone screen with Audio – NO Jailbreak
To activate this feature on any Apple device running iOS 11, al you need to do is,
- Open Settings.
- Go to Control Center
- Open Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls and then tap the green plus button next to Screen Recording.
- Once added. Go back to home screen by pressing Home button
- Next, Swipe up to access control center. You will see a new ‘dot’ (Recording) icon at the corner of the control center. That’s the Record button.
- Just tap on it to start recording your iOS device screen.
- When you tap, it will countdown to 3, giving you enough time to open screen from where you want to start screencasting.
- You can also Turn OFF/ON Audio recording. Just tap and Hold on the recording screen for a few secs. This will open an option to turn on/off mic. This option is really good if you want to narrate the screencast while recording it.
- To ‘Stop’ recording, swipe up to access control center and tap on the same icon again. This will stop screencasting and will save currently recorded screencast video on your ‘Camera Roll’.
- You can go and edit the starting and ending part and start upload to share it.
If you find this guide helpful, please share it and also follow us on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter for quick updates on new similar articles.
An Avid learner, a Tech Enthusiast and the founder of TechPosts Guides, Ravi is a Raspberry Pi fan and an open-source lover. He spends most of his weekends working with IoT devices and playing games on the Xbox. He is also a solo-traveler who loves hiking and exploring new trails.
Follow him on .Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.