Remix OS has gained popularity in a very short time. It is being developed and optimized for Desktop users. Jide’s Remix OS project is based on Android-x86 and recently they have hired the father of Android-x86 Chih-Wei Huang as lead “X86 Technology Lead”. This is a very good news for all Android-x86 lovers but the project is still under beta mode. We have recently covered few HowTo guides related to Android on PC and we also discussed Phoenix OS which claims to be a better version of Remix OS. But anyways, in this we will be showing you how you can create a dual boot machine with Remix OS and Windows 7 or 8/10.
The installation is pretty straight forward but we need few things ready and downloaded on our Windows PC.
Also Read: One Click Android x86 5.1 Lollipop OS Installation on Windows PC – Dual Boot PC
Things Required to Create Dual Boot Remix OS
- Remix OS 2.0 and Remix OS USB Installer.
- USB 3.0
- BIOS Should have Legacy Boot Mode Enabled (Or Enable it manually) and Secure boot is disabled.
- 8 GB USB Drive (FAT32 Format)
- Windows PC.
Also See: Install Phoenix OS Based on Android 5.1 with One Click
Dual Boot Remix OS with Windows
1. Download Remix OS 2.0 and Remix OS USB Installer.
2. Open the Remix OS Installation Tool and you’ll see it has two fields, in one field you are supposed to add the path of the ISO File of Remix OS on your computer system and second, select the Hard disk partition on which this tool will install the OS.
Once done, The Remix OS installation tool will begin copying files & writing the Bootloader to the Hard Drive.
Reboot PC and Select Remix OS in Windows Boot Menu.
Please Note for UEFI boot: press special key (F12 for Dell, F9 for HP, F12 for Lenovo, Option Key for MAC) while booting to enter boot menu and ensure that Secure Boot is disabled.
Must See: How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS on Computer or Laptop
Remix OS doesn’t come with Google Play Store pre-installed, so if you want to use Google Play store on Remix OS, please see this guide.
That’s it, now you can Dual -boot your system and you will have options to boot either windows or Remix OS. Hope you liked this HowTo Guide on Dual Boot REMIX OS with Windows. Please Subscribe to us to us for more instant updates on How to Tech Guides on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and Linux or Connect with us via Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.