Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P are the two Flagship phones recently launched by Google. One thing that makes Google Nexus phone so different is that how easy it is to modify the software running on these phones. With the introduction of New security features in Nexus 5x and Nexus 6P, things have gotten a little more complicated. Howeever, it’s very easy to unlock the bootloader, install a custom recovery or root the Google Nexus 5X.
To root your Google Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P, all you need to do is watch the following video guide from Gadgethacks. Download links are provided below the video tutorial.
Suggested articles for you:
- How to Create Custom Quick Settings Tiles on Android 6.0 Marshmallow without Root
- [How to]Theme Every Part of Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Layers
- How to Enable the Hidden Multi-Window Feature in Android Marshmallow
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Any Android Device
- How to Protect Android Phone from Theft or Loss
Download following files required for Rooting Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P:
- Install the Android SDK on Your Computer
Install the ADB & Fastboot Drivers on Your Computer – Download Drivers for Windows from this link. Or follow below video tutorial
- If you’re a Linux user, download and extract this ZIP file
- For Mac users, Please see this guide for more information as it’s a bit complicated.
- To root Nexus 5X, download following files,
- Nexus 5X modified boot image (build number MDB08I)
- TWRP recovery v126.96.36.199 for Nexus 5X (any build number)
For rooting Nexus 6P, download the following files :
- Nexus 6P modified boot image (build number MDB08K)
- TWRP recovery v188.8.131.52 for Nexus 6P (any build number)
Then, regardless of your phone model or build number, download the SuperSU ZIP and transfer the file over to your phone:
- SuperSU v2.56 (“systemless” version)
Important Note: Please make sure the build numbers match up correctly.
Hope you liked this Howto guide on Root Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P via PC/MAC/Linux . Again, please for more such How to guides, tech updates and much more like/follow us on Twitter, facebook or Google+. You can also subscribe to our newsletter for latest updates on new how-to guides. We would appreciate if you share this article. We’ll be back with new Howto Guide soon.