UPDATE: This guide is still 100% Working and you can download any document from scribd for free. BOOKS CAN’T BE DOWNLOADED.
Everyone is aware of Scribd, which is the world’s largest digital library of all kinds of written books as PDF mostly. Scribd consists of nearly 40 million documents posted by their users. On Scribd, New and old authors publish or sell their works and readers can browse through the pages and find the appropriate one for their needs. It is essentially a paid service and hence even if it lets you view a certain amount of documents for Free, you can’t download them unless you upgrade to a paid membership. With a small subscription rate, Scribd readers can view and read all such documents from their favorite platforms like Android, iOS, and Windows.
With the free membership, you can view a limited number of documents in Scribd’s database. You need a Scribd downloader in order to get the files you want for free. In this blog post, you are going to learn how to download unlimited files from Scribd for free. You don’t even have to create an account with Scribd to download most of the documents with this simple trick explained here.
Download or view PDF and DOC files from Scribd :
Method 1. By Uploading Method :
We discovered a loophole in Scribd database which allows any user to view or download the files for free, without t even paying for the Subscription pack. Follow the instructions below to download or view a file for free.
#Step1: Go to Scribd.com
#Step2: Search document or page you want to view or download without paying to Scribd and copy the URL of that page.
#Step3: Now login to Scribd account or simply sign up for a new account. Alternatively, use the Facebook Login option.
#Step4: After the signing up you will be asked for subscriptions if you are not a monthly subscription. Just Skip it and get back to your account (important step).
#Step6: Now Upload any type of document. For eg: create a new text document and write anything on it and upload.
#Step7: Give titles and description of the uploaded content (not required but if you want to, you can) and Save it to continue.
#Step8: Now paste the URL you copied in #Step 2 in the address bar for downloading that document.
#Step9: You will see a download button, just click on it and your download will start. You can notice here that the file once not download getting download easily.
This is it. It is the simplest way that works most of the time. All you need to do is create an account to upload a file and then try to download the desired document.
Watch this Video Explaining Upload Method
Method 2. Using Greasemonkey script to download Scribd Documents and Files :
This is another method that will let you download desired documents and files from Scribd for free. You don’t even have to log in using your Facebook account or Sign up for a new account or buy a paid membership, nor upload any document to Scribd. You just need Mozilla Firefox Web Browser for this task.
- Go to this link and download the Firefox Web Browser.
- Then add Greasemonkey add-on or Tampermonkey ( works on Google Chrome/Safari/UC Browser/Opera and Firefox) to your browser. Click download and it will install automatically.
- Now download this user-script
- and install it within Greasemonkey.
- Finally, Go to any document you want to download from Scribd and click on download. This custom script will automatically bypass Scribd’s payment page and give you the option to download your document.
Method 3.Easiest way to download documents from Scribd
1) Go to scribd.com, search for the document you want and open it. 2) Right-click anywhere on the page and click view page source.
3) Search for access_key, once you find it copy it to someplace. See the image above for an example of what the key looks like.
4) Get the document id of the documents that you want to download using this free Scribd downloader. See the image below for an example of what the document ID looks like.
5) Replace access_key and document id in this URL
And paste the modified URL into a new browser window.
6) Let the document load. Once it is completely loaded, click on the print button and then save as pdf.
7) That’s it! The document will be downloaded as a pdf file to your computer. There are a couple of more Scribd downloader methods using which you can download from Scribd without paying them money.
Now that you know how to download files from Scribd for free, So go ahead and download whatever documents you like.
If you face any problems in following this tutorial, leave a comment below. Also Subscribe us for more such How to Tech Guides on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux below or Connect with us to stay updated for more on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.