Still working great. You can follow this updated guide and install ADB drivers on any Windows PC or laptop with just one click under 15 Seconds with provided ADB installer for Windows 10.
Installing ADB and Fastboot Drivers
Want your home to be as Smart as you and your Smartphone? Learn Home Automation with Google Assistant and Alexa under $10 or ₹700
If you want to communicate with your Android Device via your PC then your PC must have ADB (Android Direct Bridge) and Fastboot drivers installed. These two tools allow you to send terminal commands to your phone from your computer via USB. They both serve different functions, but they can be installed with relative ease at the same time, so it’s helpful to have both. Here’s a (very) brief breakdown on what these tools do:
- Android Debug Bridge (ADB): This tool allows you to send a wide array of terminal commands—including but not limited to basic Linux shell commands, plus some specialty developer commands—to your phone at just about any time (as long as you have debugging enabled on your phone). You can send commands while the phone is turned on and booted, or even when it’s in recovery mode. While ADB is often used in conjunction with rooting or modifying your phone, you can use ADB to send terminal commands to unrooted devices as well.
- Fastboot: When you need to modify your phone’s firmware, fastboot is the tool you need. This allows you to send commands to the bootloader, which means you can flash/modify things like custom recoveries. You can’t flash whole ROMs with it, but it’s helpful for many things that ADB can’t do. Fastboot isn’t enabled for all phones, so you may have to check your specific device.
How to Install ADB and Fastboot: Method
To quickly and easily install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8/8.1 computer (32-bit and 64-bit) in 15 seconds, do the following:
Download the latest ADB Installer file (adb-setup-1.4.2.exe).
If above doesn’t work for you, then please download adb-setup-1.3 form Google Drive
- Right-click the file adb-setup-1.3.exe and choose “Run as Administrator“.
- Type “Y” and press Enter to install ADB and Fastboot, and set the environment variables. Enter “N” if you don’t want to do the same and want to just install the drivers.
- In the next step, enter “Y” to install the drivers for your device. Enter “N” to skip this step.
- Wait till the driver installation finishes up. That would take only 15 seconds.
- To verify that you have successfully setup ADB and fastboot, open up a command prompt (press Windows key + R -> type in cmd -> OK) and enter “adb version” (without quotes). If it returns something like “Android Debug Bridge version x.x.xx“, then your ADB and Fastboot are all-ready.
- Congrats! You are ready to rock!
Now that you have installed ADB and Fastboot, you can go look for guides on modding/hacking your phone. A good place to start to look for Android hacking and slashing is XDA-Developers. If you are lucky, the guides you find won’t require you to use ADB or Fastboot; but if they do, you are now prepared because you just installed them.
Before You Go….
Just wanted to let you know that We’ve launched YouTube Channel where we upload awesome video content. Make sure you hit the subscribe button to stay up to date with the new videos we upload every week. Also Subscribe us for more How To Guides and Reviews…!!! @http://youtube.com/checknma for more How to Guides. Enjoy..!!!