GCam or Google Camera 7.4 APK with Astro Mode [ZGCam] is now available for Samsung Exynos devices. The supported devices include,
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20FE
- Samsung Galaxy Note10 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Note10
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy S10E
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy Note9
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy Note8
If you own a different device and want to install Gcam APK on your Android device, follow this guide on How To Install GCam APK Without Root or Camera2 API on Any Android Device.
GCam 7.4 Features
- Automatic DND mode for uninterrupted video-recording.
- Quick-Toggle to change the Video resolution
- Re-arranged settings UI.
- Option for 24FPS and [email protected] Video recording
- Controls to adjust the brightness
- Option to enable HDR
- Received Frequent Faces to capture Top Shot photos.
- Touch and hold the shutter button to capture Top Shot photos.
Last Updated: 2020-11-09
What’s Fixed in GCam 7.4 Exynos Version?
- Astro Mode
- Portrait mode.
- Improved front denoise for S9/N9
- improved stabilization by changing OIS to X/Y
- Lens Shading Added
- Fixed One Vision/Action
- Aperture Toggle Fixed
- AeMode Set to 0 for certain Devices
- Rainbow Fix Added(S9 and up)
- S20 Series Crash Fix (Clear Data If You Updated or simply Uninstall previous GCam version and install this)
How to Download and Install Gcam 7.4 APK on Samsung Exynos Devices
IMPORTANT NOTE: Uninstall the previous GCam app and Samsung 3D Scanner app package as both GCam and 3D Scanner uses the Auxiliary lens to work.
- Download the GCam 7.4 APK file on your device.
- After downloading, go to Downloads and tap on the GCam 7.4 APK file
- Tap on Settings and then enable ‘Allow from this source’
- Now go back and tap ‘Install‘
- After installation is finished, launch the GCam app and allow all the required permissions.
- Now you can use GCam 7.4 Google Camera on your Samsung Exynos device
Watch Video Guide to Install and Setup GCam 7.4
Follow this detailed video guide and setup GCam on any Samsung Exynos devices to use the new Night Sight and Astrophotography Mode.
What Works in Gcam 7.4 Exynos Version?
All modes work in GCam 7.4 on Samsung Exynos devices. However, they work only with a rear camera. The front camera still doesn’t work except in Video Mode.
- Camera Mode works with the rear camera
- Portrait Mode works with the rear camera
- Night Sigh works with the rear camera
- Astro Mode works with the rear camera (available under Night Sight settings)
- Video Mode works with both front and rear camera
- Panorama works with the rear camera
- Slow Motion works with the rear camera
- Time Lapse works with the rear camera
- Photo Sphere works with the rear camera
- Option to switch Live HDR ON/OFF
- Option to Toggle Lens Aperture between 1.5 and 2.4 on compatible Samsung Exynos devices
Astrophotography Mode is also added and fixed. Although the developer claims that Astro Mode triggers at 1/10s or slower when enabled, however, in my testing, it didn’t work.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS’)
Yes, portrait mode works perfectly fine on Samsung Exynos devices. However, it works only with the rear camera. If you try Portrait Mode in GCam with the front Camera, the GCam get stuck and may crash.
To enable Astro Mode or Astrophotography Mode in GCam, follow these steps,
Switch to Night Sight Mode
Tap on the downward arrow at the top to access options
Tap on the Crescent Mode icon to turn on Astro Mode in GCam
In ZGCAM, a GCam version for Samsung Exynos devices, you can open Settings and then tap on About ZGCAM MOD.
Then turn on the Enable Mod option to access and change various mod settings in GCam.
After installing GCam 7.4, open File Explorer and then create a folder ‘Gcam‘ in Internal Storage.
Open Gcam folder and create a new folder ‘configs7‘
Now download or copy your configuration XML file in configs7 folder
To apply the config XML file settings, open GCam camera app and double-tap on the empty area beside the Capture button
Choose desired config file and tap ‘Update‘ to apply the settings.