In this HowTo Guide, I will show you how you can Install MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 on Any Laptop or PC running on the 7th Kaby Lake processors. And we don’t need a MacBook for this. So if you have a Windows Laptop powered by 7th Generation Kaby Lake chip, proceed with this tutorial. In my previous articles, I have already discussed how you can install MacOS 10.12.3 on Windows PC without Macbook or MacOS.
Want your home to be as Smart as you and your Smartphone? Learn Home Automation with Google Assistant and Alexa under $10 or ₹700
This is a similar guide but we will be using Windows OS to create the installation disc. This is the quickest and the easiest HowTo guide on MacOS installation that you will find on the Internet. So give it a try and let me know your thoughts in the comments down below. I have even attached a detailed HowTo video guide on Hackintosh in this post. So if you find any problem in installation, you can take help of the video guide. On Techposts, we always try to create a video guide along with the post and you will find almost all posts with a video guide, on Techposts.
Before you Begin…
So let me make it very clear. I or Techposts cannot be held responsible for Any damage, whatsoever, happens to you or your system. So proceed with this guide at your own risk.
Install MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 on Windows Laptop and PC
Now with that said, I have made this guide very easy to understand and I have already edited and created all necessary files and folder to make it more easy for you guys. So all you have to is download, copy and paste. Along with that, I have embedded a video tutorial on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 installation. So follow the process as shown in this video guide.
Step 1. Backup Drive and Data
So the first thing is you need to backup your system if you are installing on the internal drive. If you have dual storage, don’t touch Windows OS drive, but you must back up the secondary storage as we will be formatting the hard drive for MacOS installation. Which means any data on the drive will be permanently lost. So be careful.
Step 2. Prepare Files and Setup PC/Laptop for MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 Installation
Now let’s go ahead and create MacOS Installation drive. And for that you need at least 8GB USB thumb drive, However, 16GB is recommended.
- Download the MacOS.dmg which is around 4GB and TransMac app.
- Once you have downloaded both files, Connect USB Thumb drive to your PC, then run Transmac application as Administrator, and then right click on the USB Thumb Drive and click Format for MacOS.
- Next, Right click again and this time select Restore from Disc Image. Now browse the MacOS.dmg file you downloaded and select it. Click OK to proceed. Now, this can take a while depending on your system speed.
- Once it’s finished, you can go to File Explorer and then open the Thumb drive partition. Inside the partition, you will see a few files and folders. Just delete everything. Don’t format drive.
- Next, download the compressed EFI folder from the link given in the description and then extract the EFI folder to the USB Thumb drive.
- Now that you have the EFI folder inside the Thumb drive, you can restart your system. Now Enter the BIOS by pressing F2 quickly as the system reboots. Then First, Deactivate Secure Boot.
- Under virtualization, disable VTD or VT for Direct I/O. That’s it. Now boot your system and press F12 to see Boot options. Select your thumb drive to begin the installation.
- That’s it. Now boot your system and press F12 to see Boot options. Select your thumb drive to begin the installation.
- On boot, you will see this clover bootloader screen. From here, you need to select the disk that says “Boot Mac OS X from Hackintosh Sierra Zone”.