Table of Contents
The highly anticipated Xposed Framework has finally arrived for Android Lollipop. The popular Xposed Framework, which allows for a wide range of customization tweaks to Android, is now working with Android 5.0 Lollipop.
If you’re not already familiar with Xposed, simply put, The Xposed Framework is a way to make system-level changes to your Android operating system without installing a custom ROM. All you need is root access. Here’s a look at what you can actually do with the Xposed Framework.
Xposed requires no flashing of any ROMs, but brings tons of customization and tweaks that users can install like apps on rooted devices. It is incredibly simple to use and with limited risk. And now, all Android enthusiasts on Lollipop can enjoy the benefits of this fantastic project on their devices which is now also available for Android 5.0 lollipop. Grab your download and get to modding!
Developer, rovo89 also mentioned that this is still an alpha version and works for Lollipop on ARMv7+ devices only.
WARNING: Since it’s not a stable release, please install it only if you’re willing to take the risk of boot loops. Techposts.org cannot be held reponsible in anyway if anything goes wrong.
How to install Xposed Framework on Android 5.0 Lollipop :
First, make sure you have a rooted Android lollipop Phone or Tab with Custom recovery installed. If not please visit see the following posts :
- What is Rooting? Benefits and Loss?
- How to root your Android phone
- How to install Custom recovery. (CWM and TWRP)
- Then download the following files on your Android Lollipop device or PC and then transfer to your device using USB:
- Now flash xposed-arm-20150213b.zip with a custom recovery to install the framework.
- Then install Xposedinstaller 3.0-alpha1.apk on your Android Lollipop device to manage installed modules. It’s not using material design yet.
- XposedBridgeApi-20150213.jar is thee API for module developers, in case they want to make use of some new features. Might be changed slightly until the stable release!
- boot loop on Samsung stock ROMs.
- If your phone boots but the installer says that the framework is not installed, please download the updated version and flash again.
- If everything is working fine, but the app_process version is not displayed, it’s just a display error that can be ignored (will be fixed later).
For Q&A (FAQs), please visit this official thread on XDA.
Before You Go…
Just wanted to let you know thatWe’ve launched YouTube Channel where we upload awesome video content. Make sure you hit thesubscribe button to stay up to date with the new videos we upload every week. Also Subscribe us for more How To Guides and Reviews…!!! @http://youtube.com/checknma for more How to Guides. Enjoy..!!!